Thursday, April 9, 2009

playlist #2



Well, I am still on the path to becoming a Master DJedi. Its a path I wanted to start much earlier but i was living in Tokyo and just didnt have the time being a language student/working a part time job at a very weird butler themed cafe/and of course partying. My goal of this whole deal is to get good enough that i could return to Tokyo a few times a year and support my trip by DJing/playing my own mixes. I met a few Germans who were doing that and suggesting I try. Since i have the connections at a few clubs and bars there and can speak the language its a big possibility if I can just learn the skill.

Since I had to start somewhere so i started with the basics of mixing. I had one of the DJs I know show me a few things and I have been using the internets. I pretty much got it down, though I would like to work on transitioning songs with way different beats per minute and still sound somewhat normal, cause i dont know how has of now. I think most DJs around here dont even take the time to mix during there sets. Which is OK because it does require a lot more work and less freedom (ie drinking and socializing), though it is not so acceptable when its a big event. Now i am working on just remixing songs/making new songs from songs i have sampled, which turns out is pretty tricky stuff. Any tips on getting started?

Well here is the important part the playlist of songs, some of them are new and all the buzz, some are a lil less new but all the songs are two tons of fun so if you havent heard them you should check them out...

Boys Noise - & Down
Annie - Antonio(DESIGNER DRUGS Remix)
Bloc Party - Ares (Villains Remix)
Chewy Chocolate Cookies - It Was Only A Kiss
U2 - Get On Your Boots (Justice Remix)
Bag Raiders - Fun Punch(Calling In Sick Remix)
Moulinex & Xinobi - discotexas theme(esto! remix)
Freeform Five - No More Conversations (Mylo 2007)
Notorious B.I.G. - Party and Bullshit (Ratatat Remix)
Wale ft. Justice - W.A.L.E.D.A.N.C.E. (Dirty)
Black Kids ft Lil Wayne - Not Gonna Teach Him(The Twelves)
Simian Mobile Disco - Hustler


Well, im going to try to always throw in some themed bonus songs. Since last weekend was 80s prom... here are three songs that i love that i kinda forgot about but i was reunited with at 80s prom



Michael Jackson - Don't stop 'til you get enough
Peter Schilling - Major Tom
The Outfield - Your Love





Promo video for the Chewy Chocolate Cookies Apocalypse EP which they stole from a T-Mobile commercial that had lame music and they made it look 100x better wby adding their music... its short and worth a view


Here is the music video for Simian Mobile Disco's Hustler. All I have to say is I want in on this circle




video for Freeform Five - No More Conversations
Freeform Five 'No More Conversations' (2007)


my lil rant...
I dont upload songs unless i have made it and all my songs posted are taken links from all over the net (ie blogs, downloads.nl, or hacking the google search engine to search for mp3 links). Somebody complained on my last playlist post about me using their link from their blog and to be honest it really doesnt go against any of my scrupels to think it is bad to use a link that somebody else uploaded... I mean because most of those blogs are like 80% garbage posted anyways. thats like saying dont link my youtube video instead post a link to my youtube channel. (seems like a dick move to me, its about the music not the popularity of your blog, do you want a cookie for posting it up first?) Plus its not like they made it, they just uploaded it up... Also nobody is going to email me new tracks to post up let alone read this post, i just started... lol I am new to this game. Also that person who complained was complaining about a song i didnt even post, which is weird.... but also my first comment on this music blog, it'll always be there

No comments: